Time to start making plans for Record Store Day's annual Black Friday event, kicking off on November 29th this year. While the list of exclusive new releases isn't as abundant as it is during the April event, there's still plenty to wake up early for, including:
• a reissue of Arcade Fire's “Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)” 7" single. The reprint replicates the original 2004 Merge Records single, that was originally limited to 1500 copies.
• a limited edition Broncho remix release on red splatter vinyl, featuring remixes from of Montreal, Yeasayer, Methyl Ethel, Generationals, and Computer Magic.
• an Alex Chilton 10" single featuring previously unissued tracks engineered by his former Big Star bandmate Chris Bell.
• a 3XLP Patsy Cline collection from Third Man Records titled Sweet Dreams: The Complete Decca Masters 1960-1963.
• a live Devo album, reprinted from a “Warner Bros. Music Show” series that was mailed to radio stations as promo copies in the early 80s.
• a live album from The Gun Club that has never before been reissued on vinyl.
• a limited edition 2-song 10" from Albert Hammond Jr. featuring the singles “Fast Times” and “More to Life.”
• a 10" single from The Hold Steady featuring four songs previously only released as digital singles.
• a reissue of Jonathan Fire*Eater's long out-of-print LP Wolf Songs For Lambs.
• a limited edition 7" single from Jenny Lewis featuring iPhone demo versions of "Rabbit Hole" and "Standing In The Doorway"
• a vinyl reissue of John Linnell's (of They Might Be Giants) debut solo LP State Songs, in celebration of the album's 20th anniversary
• a vinyl reissue of Lizzo's debut EP Coconut Oil, on a milky white pressing with a coconut-scented insert.
• a holiday 7" single from JD McPherson, recorded exclusively for Record Store Day Black Friday.
• a 3-cassette collection of the National’s September 24th and 25th, 2018 shows at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, CA.
• a 3-song 7" single of previously unreleased tracks from The New Pornographers.
• Pearl Jam's 1992 MTV Unplugged performance, released for the first time ever on vinyl.
• a reissue of Pylon's debut 7" single "Cool"/"Dub", in honor of its 40th anniversary.
• Quantum Entanglement, a "greatest hits" (sort-of) collection from Royal Trux.
• a special limited edition split maxi-single of Star Trek's William Shatner covering The Cramps, paired with their original version of "Garbageman" (produced by Alex Chilton).
• a reissue of They Might Be Giants' debut EP Don’t Let’s Start.
• a vinyl edition of Tune-Yards' original motion picture soundtrack to the 2018 film Sorry To Bother You.
• a vinyl edition of Paul Westerberg's Grandpaboy album Stereo/Mono.
• a 25th anniversary reissue of The Wrens' debut album Silver.
See the complete list of releases here.
The song follows A-side "Poison the Well"