This week's mix interweaves music, statements by artists, poetry and healing words for and from Black, Indigenous, People of Color.
This week's mix interweaves music, statements by artists, poetry and healing words for and from Black, Indigenous, People of Color. There are moments of beauty, heartache, imagination, and inspiration that thread together creating a dynamic and powerful movement. Featured in the mix is music from SAULT, Keedron Bryant, Noname, CarLarans, and Rio Chanae.
1. Gabriel Teodros - Lost Tapes 2020
2. SAULT - Wildfires
3. Witch Prophet - MUSA Remix (feat. Stas THEE Boss)
4. SAULT - Black Is
5. MHYSA - when the saints (reprise)
(poem by Chelsey Richardson - "Aisle 12")
6. Keedron Bryant - I Just Wanna Live
7. Fantastic Negrito - How Long?
8. Nana Adjoa - Throw Stones
9. Jyoti (Georgia Anne Muldrow) - Orgone
10. Noname - Song 33
(poem by adrienne maree brown - “toyin")
11. CarLarans - Out Rages
12. Naeem - Simulation (feat. Swamp Dogg & Justin Vernon)
13. Dirty Projectors - Inner World
14. Rell Be Free - Nia (feat Ko Nikkita)
15. Rio Chanae - Lift Every Voice and Sing
16. Mexican Institute of Sound & Gaby Moreno - Yemayá
(healing words by Melissa Gonzalez)
17. TENGGER - Water
Greta Rose hosts a Variety Mix every Friday night/Saturday morning from 2-6am PT on KEXP.org, the KEXP app or 90.3 FM in Seattle.
Cheryl Waters invites us to get lost in her latest mix, a sprawling 22 tracks including recent gems from Bachelor, Ambar Lucid, The Marías, Miss Grit, and mo...
Greatly hosted by DJ Troy Nelson, who says, “This is a taste of some of the artists and songs that have been swirling around my head the past few months." ...
John reads listeners' stories of hope amidst a pandemic, divorce, and more, showing how the Runcast has inspired them, which in turn, inspires him. ...