Happy Amplifiers Love Week, June 5-11th!
You make our hearts burst with joy and gratitude. Why? Because your sustained monthly gifts provide a solid financial foundation that helps KEXP bring you more music in more creative ways.
Amplifiers are over 6,000 strong and have raised over $4 million for KEXP!
Amplifier donors allow us to spend less time fundraising on-air, and more time showering you with music...and love! So this week, June 5–11th, while you enjoy your favorite songs, we’ll be sending hugs and kisses your way on-air, online, and around Seattle – all to say “thank you!”Events & Activities
- Amplifiers Appreciation Party, Wednesday, June 10 from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. at Chop Suey: That’s right, we’re throwing a FREE party just for you! All Amplifiers are invited to a free show featuring KEXP DJs, local band Naked Giant, and a SURPRISE guest artist. We’ll also have awesome raffle giveaways, snacks, photos, and temporary tattoos. Keep an eye out in your email for an invite with all the details. (Can’t find it? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Show off your Amplifier pride with these customized images to share with friends and followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
- Audioasis Community Partnerships Show, Saturday, June 6, 9:00 p.m. at the Sunset Tavern: Audioasis presents Wimps, Bread & Butter, and Jackson Boone at the Sunset Tavern in Ballard. As an Amplifier, you not only power the station that gives local bands a voice to be heard, you also help KEXP give back to the community by raising money for other nonprofits during our monthly Community Partnership Benefit Shows. This month’s show benefits Futurewise. More information can be found here: http://www.kexp.org/programs/Audioasis
- A call to say thanks, June 5–11: We are overjoyed (and, to be honest, quite verklempt) to thank Amplifiers this week. We’ve recruited KEXP DJs, staff, and volunteers to call as many Amplifiers as possible just to let you know how much we appreciate your sustaining commitment to KEXP.
- On-air shout-outs, June 5–11: Listen to KEXP and you may hear a DJ thank YOU personally for being an Amplifier. DJs will be thanking Amplifiers all week long.
- 2015 Amplifiers Podcast, available Friday, June 5: John Richards dedicates this week’s Music That Matters podcast to Amplifiers like you. Download it and enjoy a special mix that includes the Mountain Goats, Waxahatchee, A Place to Bury Strangers, and many more.
- Speaking of saying thank you... More than a dozen KEXP artists took time out of their crazy schedules to thank Amplifiers like you for supporting KEXP. You’ll hear those spots on-air throughout Amplifiers Love Week from artists like Brandi Carlile, Dan Deacon, Elvis Perkins, Helio Sequence, Mac DeMarcro, Young Fathers and more!
- 10th Annual Hood-to-Hood Challenge: Don’t miss out on the fun of the 10th Annual Hood to Hood this week. If you increase your monthly gift between June 10 and 12, your donation can count toward the hood of your choice (even if you live outside of Seattle). Click here to increase your monthly gift.
- And other sneaky surprises we have up our sleeves...